BWCA Mission Statement
The Mission Statement as detailed in the Bylaws of the
Association has been amended to include its
BWCA Policy Commitment
The BWCA has identified Climate Change and the water cooler industry's Carbon Footprint as a priority agenda item for its Members. It recognises its pivotal role in directing Industry and other resources to reduce Members' carbon emissions in an effort to reduce global warming.
The Association through its Membership is committed to:
- Reducing the Industry's Carbon Footprint.
- Investment in and implementation of alternative green low-carbon technologies for the Industry.
- Participate in an ethical CER registered Carbon Offset programme or other mechanism to reduce the Industry's Carbon Footprint and environmental impact.
The Association is working with stakeholders, corporate advisors and government agencies to attain socially responsible and environmentally sustainable, carbon emission reducing policies for its Members.
The BWCA has commenced to implement its Environmental Policy Statement:
- An Industry wide monthly data collection programme was launched in January 2008 to determine Members' Carbon Footprint as a base line for future Carbon Footprint reduction measures.
- Industry carbon emissions reduction targets are being established over a period of 3 years.
- Available new technology is being researched with the aid of specialist contractors to determine alternative green low carbon emitting applications which are immediately available for Members to implement.
- Investment will be channelled to fund new technology not yet available commercially and specific to the Industry.
- An Industry specific CER registered Carbon Offset programme is being evaluated for funding to reduce and offset Members' Carbon Footprint.